Medical Mutual is proud to be the only professional liability company owned and operated by North Carolina physicians. Physician leaders of the North Carolina Medical Society formed Medical Mutual in 1975 in response to the escalating medical liability crisis. Today, Medical Mutual has more than 8,300 physician members in North Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia. They have achieved this growth while maintaining the lowest operating costs in the industry, an Excellent rating from A.M. Best, and the exclusive endorsement of the North Carolina Medical Society. Medical Mutual is also the only professional liability carrier to have operated continuously in North Carolina for more than thirty years.
Medical Mutual of North Carolina wanted to differentiate itself in a highly competitive market and bring added value to its existing customers and agents. To this end, the company sought to advance its technology to ensure strong online capabilities and streamlined operations.
Previously, Medical Mutual’s processes were largely paper based. Some of the challenges they faced were:
- Slow processing when adding new and updating existing accounts
- Complex manual processes
- No convenient means for customers to view or change policies
Medical Mutual engaged the Convergence platform to move many of the processes it had traditionally done on paper to the Web. Our intuitive solutions met Medical Mutual’s needs including:
- Viewing policy information and bills/payment history online
- Completing new business insurance policy applications online
- Renewing and editing existing policies online
- Allowing customers to manage their contact information online
Trinisys also integrated with existing systems, including the OnBase enterprise content management system, using the Convergence platform. In addition, the solution was used for customer-facing and administrative web pages and forms.
Trinisys delivered a system that exceeded expectations and has the flexibility to grow, meeting Medical Mutual’s needs today and in the future. In fact, they continue to add functionality and, in turn, value for their customers. Medical Mutual has benefited from:
- Faster processing speeds. Moving the processes to the Web greatly increased processing and decreased errors.
- A two-pronged policy management system: One for administrators with expansive capabilities and another with âread onlyâ functionality.
- A system that has made a once complex processes, very simple.
- Flexibility to quickly modify the solution as needed and even use the platform for other solutions.