The SQL Developer will be responsible for designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. The candidate will work other developers optimizing in-application SQL statements as necessary, and establishing best practices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The areas of responsibility for this position are:
- Works with clients to gather requirements and analyze business processes
- Help write and optimize in-application SQL statements
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Creates project design documents as required by clients and provide estimates of effort for projects
- Leads teams implementing Trinisys-product-based client projects
- Implements custom software systems for clients that may require 3rd-party software integration
- Coordinates with clients as needed for development and testing of solutions
- Leads software development training classes for junior developers
- Develop and maintain software documentation
- Coordinate and lead portions of various development projects as assigned
- Effectively interact with all staff members and business users
- Ensure security elements are included in the applications
- Conduct research into current and emerging technologies and issues in support of development efforts
Product Software Support
- Provide technical expertise to the Product Support team
- Assist the Product Support team in resolving escalated support issues
- Work with sales team to develop proof-of-concept projects using our product
- Assist sales team in providing technical product details to prospective clients
- Analyze client business problems to determine the optimal Trinisys-product-based solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong proficiency with SQL (minimum of 3 years) and its variation among popular databases
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Experience and knowledge of best practices with some of the modern relational databases
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues such as performance and deadlock issues
- Background in technologies such as client/server, relational database management systems and object-oriented development
- Good Data storage skills, including:
- competency with relational databases (creating data structures, managing transactions, etc)
- Familiarity with agile methodologies such as Scrum, lean software, or extreme programming
- Experience with Mercurial or a similar version control system
Experience in Healthcare or a clinical setting
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. In addition, must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is a quiet, professional office.
Trinisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer