Provide full software life-cycle expertise in the design, creation, modification, and support of the core Trinisys product and its supporting programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The areas of responsibility for this position are:
- Works with clients to gather requirements and analyze business processes
- Creates project design documents as required by clients and provide estimates of effort for projects
- Leads teams implementing Trinisys-product-based client projects
- Implements custom software systems for clients that may require 3rd-party software integration
- Coordinates with clients as needed for development and testing of solutions
- Leads software development training classes for junior developers
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain code
- Develop automated unit tests and integration tests
- Develop and maintain software documentation
- Participate in defining program architecture and the deployment environment
- Coordinate and lead portions of various development projects as assigned
- Effectively interact with all staff members and business users
- Ensure security elements are included in the applications
- Conduct research into current and emerging technologies and issues in support of development efforts
- Work with sales team to develop proof-of-concept projects using our product
- Assist sales team in providing technical product details to prospective clients
- Analyze client business problems to determine the optimal Trinisys-product-based solutions
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years business experience in applications analysis, design, and implementation
- Background in technologies such as client/server, relational database management systems, object-oriented development and distributed object development
- Familiarity with Java server side frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc)
- 3+ years experience with SQL
- Thorough command of object oriented development
- Good Data storage skills, including:
- competency with relational databases (creating data structures, managing transactions, etc)
- extensive experience with object to relational mapping
- Familiarity with agile methodologies such as Scrum, lean software, or extreme programming
- Experience with Unix/Linux servers and basic shell scripting
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. In addition, must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is a quiet, professional office.